Posted to dev@kibble.apache.org by Sharan Foga <sh...@apache.org> on 2021/03/07 14:32:22 UTC

Is Kibble being used in reporter.apache.org tool?

Hi All

Some of the stats that are being used in the reporter.apache.org tool look like or are very similar to the stats coming from Kibble. Does anyone know if Kibble is the main source?

I was trying to find the reporter tool source code and found this in Github repo under Comdev

https://github.com/apache/comdev-reporter

but I also saw a note that Daniel had created or updated the tool with a new wizard https://s.apache.org/if8b6

Have I got the correct repo for the reporter tool source?

As we go through the Kibble rewrite we need to understand where we have anything dependent on our existing solution (Kibble-1) , so we can plan a strategy for updating it if necessary.

Thanks
Sharan

Re: Is Kibble being used in reporter.apache.org tool?

Posted by Daniel Gruno <hu...@apache.org>.
On 07/03/2021 15.32, Sharan Foga wrote:
> Hi All
>
> Some of the stats that are being used in the reporter.apache.org tool look like or are very similar to the stats coming from Kibble. Does anyone know if Kibble is the main source?

Yes, reporter.a.o uses the Kibble demo at demo.kibble.a.o for its
statistics :)

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/comdev/reporter.apache.org/trunk/

> As we go through the Kibble rewrite we need to understand where we have anything dependent on our existing solution (Kibble-1) , so we can plan a strategy for updating it if necessary.

I think the Kibble 1 instance will be online for probably another year
or so without any changes to it, as it is indeed being actively used.
Once we have a kibble 2, we can look at how old queries could be sent to
the new version, and then switch over.