Posted to xindice-dev@xml.apache.org by David Viner <dv...@yahoo-inc.com> on 2002/10/22 18:29:34 UTC

migrating from 1.0 to 1.1

Is there a howto that describes how to migrate from Xindice 1.0 to 1.1?  I
have 1.1 running under Tomcat, but now I need to move all the information I
have stored in my 1.0 database into my 1.1 database.  Can anyone provide
guidance on this issue?

Thanks
Dave Viner

p.s. - I too am one of the delinquent committers to the Xindice project.  I
won't provide the standard list of excuses, but rather I'll say I plan to
become active again and get some of the neat features we developed into the
core engine.  Especially once I understand how to migrate my 1.0 db to the
1.1 version.

Re: migrating from 1.0 to 1.1

Posted by James Bates <ja...@amplexor.com>.
On Tuesday 22 October 2002 22:03, Kurt Ward wrote:
>  Kimbro's "to do" list that
> used to be on xindice.org was quite helpful and might help us re-draw a
> plan of execution and planned releases.

What happened to Kimbro btw. Still there?

James

Re: migrating from 1.0 to 1.1

Posted by "Rodolfo M. Raya" <rm...@maxprograms.com>.
Hi,

If you decide to go with this option count with me as another interested
developer.

Last week I spent 2 days adding UTF-8  encoding support to Xindice 1.0
following all the patches I could find from CVS version but it wasn't
enought to make it work 100% OK.

After reading most of Xindice 1.0 code I feel like I can contribute some
time to produce an improved standalone version of Xindice.

Regards,
Rodolfo

RE: migrating from 1.0 to 1.1

Posted by Matt Liotta <ml...@r337.com>.
> Some memory leaks is a major understatement :)  The 1.1 tree does have
> an embedded mode from what I understand.

I understand that. I only made my statement because I didn't want to see
it removed and the CORBA stuff added back in.

-Matt

Re: migrating from 1.0 to 1.1

Posted by Tom Bradford <br...@dbxmlgroup.com>.

--
Tom Bradford - http://www.tbradford.org/
CTO - The dbXML Group - http://www.dbxml.com/

RE: migrating from 1.0 to 1.1

Posted by Matt Liotta <ml...@r337.com>.
Whether or not Xindice is a standalone database I am not concerned with.
However, I feel that we should have the option to embed Xindice. With
version 1.0 we have to use CORBA with no apparent benefit. I also think
all the CORBA stuff has some memory leaks.

Matt Liotta
President & CEO
Montara Software, Inc.
http://www.montarasoftware.com/