Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by savimbi thomas <sa...@lycos.com> on 2002/06/22 12:58:32 UTC

SEEKING URGENT ASSISTANCE

                 URGENT BUSINESS PROPOSAL

Dear sir ,

My name is Thomas Savimbi, I am the eldest son of Jonas Savimbi,
the leader UNITA of Angola. You may know that my father was recently
killed in a battle with the federal troops of Angola, led by President
Dos Santos, who has been my late father's rival for years. Now the
liberation of Angola, for which my father has been fighting for since 1966 has no future.

President Dos Santos, remains a colossal failure since he assumed
office. He is running a government of greed and gross marginalisation.
The United States of America, the United Kingdom and other Western
powers, are aware of this glaring fact, and have done nothing about
it. It is most unfortunate and disheartening that my father has died.
Now UNITA is like a herd of cattle without shepherd. Prominent members
are now lobbying to assume office as leader to enrich themselves
and some of them who see me as a threat to their ambitions, are
even plotting to kill me. However, I am a young man who has ambitions
and is not in any way interested in wars.

I write to seek for your urgent help in respect to safe keeping
of some of my father's money(US$25.4Million) that arose from Diamonds
sales. This money(US$25.4Million) was already on its way to my father's
Swiss bank account and is in transit with a safe deposit company
in Amsterdam, Netherlands. We used major part of our money in prosecuting
the war. It is very clear with the way things are now, that President
Dos Santos will freeze my father's assests and accounts in this
country to ground UNITA. I wish to use this money to safeguard my future.

It is paramount that you understand that the kind of trust and confidence
being reposed in you is extraordinary, and that this is an act of
desperation. ALSO, THIS CONTACT WITH YOU SHUOLD BE TREATED WITH
UTMOST SECRECY AND CONFIDENTIALITY.

The help I need from you is clearing the money which is deposited
with a security company in Amsterdam, after which, a professional
banker, who is an attach� of IMF will join you and assist in depositing
the money and lodging into an account in your name. The money shall
remain in your custody till I decide to leave Angola. In the interim,
the money can be invested into riskfree profitable ventures, and
there will an agreement by my lawyer to protect my interest. I have
all the documents that will enable you claim the consignment from
the security company. I will reward you with 20% of the money.

I to thank you in advance in anticipation for your assistance in
enabling me achieve this goal.

Please contact me whether or not you are interested in assisting
me. This will enable me scout for another partner in the event of noninterest on your part.

With best regards,

Mr.Thomas Savimbi.

Re: SEEKING URGENT ASSISTANCE

Posted by Joel Rees <jo...@alpsgiken.gr.jp>.
> Has anyone EVER responded to any such mail? I'm just currious, have they changed their M.O.?
>
> Last time I joked around, they wanted me to come to Nigeria and use forged ID to retrieve some funds. Needless to say, I've laughed them off, at that point.

Good thing you stayed at home.

Try:

     http://www.google.co.jp/search?q=nigeria+money+laundering+scam

Particularly:

    http://home.rica.net/alphae/419coal/

Re: SEEKING URGENT ASSISTANCE

Posted by Nikola Milutinovic <Ni...@ev.co.yu>.
> yeah right, very funny

Nix.

RE: SEEKING URGENT ASSISTANCE

Posted by Stuart Stephen <sw...@swadge.co.uk>.
yeah right, very funny

[...]

banker, who is an attachi of IMF will join you and assist in depositing
the money and lodging into an account in your name. The money shall
remain in your custody till I decide to leave Angola. In the interim,
the money can be invested into riskfree profitable ventures, and
there will an agreement by my lawyer to protect my interest. I have
all the documents that will enable you claim the consignment from
the security company. I will reward you with 20% of the money.

I to thank you in advance in anticipation for your assistance in
enabling me achieve this goal.

Please contact me whether or not you are interested in assisting
me. This will enable me scout for another partner in the event of
noninterest on your part.

With best regards,

Mr.Thomas Savimbi.

For additional commands, e-mail:
<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>

Re: SEEKING URGENT ASSISTANCE

Posted by slickdev <sl...@comcast.net>.
i saw a recent news article about those email scams  would you believe that
the angola scam has sucked 20 million from gullible fools?

<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>

Posted by slickdev <sl...@comcast.net>.
In Angolese, "kiss my ass" means, "I will marry youe daughter for the $10
million dollar dowry."

Posted by STEVE R BURRUS <st...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Ravishankar S <ra...@ionidea.com>.
i thought this was a tech discussion list?????

what the hell is this message doing in such a list???????!!!!!!!

Posted by Nikola Milutinovic <Ni...@ev.co.yu>.
> No, this is not funny at all. Anyone reacting to this will loose some
> serious money. They claim they are going to need some money from you
> in order to free their $ milions from their, so called, swiss bank accounts.
> So be warned. This is a known trick from criminal organizations.

Lately, they have changed their modus operandi. They tell you it is necessary for you to come to: Nigeria, Angola or even Amsterdam, to sign some contract, act on a phony ID or just "be there". Afterwards, they put you up in a "nice, quiet and secluded residence", where you get "persuaded" to participate in some other "business arrangements".

That's what I've heard, so don't take my word for it. See for yourselves - *if you are totally crazy*!!!

Nix.

RE: SEEKING URGENT ASSISTANCE

Posted by Philippe Muller <mu...@yahoo.com>.