Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by David Smiley <da...@gmail.com> on 2016/04/22 03:25:20 UTC

Fwd: Jira Spam - And changes made as a result.

Wow!  My reading of this is that the general public (i.e. not committers)
won't be able to really do anything other than view JIRA issues unless we
expressly add individuals to a specific project group?  :-(  Clearly that
sucks big time.  Is anyone reading this differently?  Assuming this is
true... at this point maybe there is nothing to do but wait until the
inevitable requests come in for people to create/comment.  Maybe send a
message to the user lists?

~ David

Posted by Steve Rowe <sa...@gmail.com>.
Ishan, I’ve added you as a contributor on LUCENE and SOLR.

The “whitelist all past contributors” thing makes sense, except that a) we don’t have direct access to that list, so some form of crawl/scrape would be required; b) in another message on this thread on infrastructure@a.o, the HBASE project’s list grew so large that it crashed browsers; and c) Infra said they would lift the temporary ban (like yesterday? hmm…) so hopefully soon it’ll be a non-issue.

--
Steve
www.lucidworks.com

Posted by Ryan Josal <ry...@josal.com>.
Thanks Anshum!  And yeah, a whitelist like that makes sense to me too.

Posted by Ishan Chattopadhyaya <ic...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ishan Chattopadhyaya <ic...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Anshum Gupta <an...@anshumgupta.net>.
Hi Ryan,