Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Peter Beshai <pb...@hotmail.com> on 2006/10/16 20:07:13 UTC

Async=true stops listener from being called in ImageSubmit

Has anyone else experienced this?

As soon as I add the binding async=true to my ImageSubmit, it stops calling
the listener. If I remove the binding, it works as expected. When I try
changing ImageSubmit to LinkSubmit, it works with and without async=true.
Any ideas?

Here is the code I am using:

@Component(bindings = {"action=listener:doImageSubmit",
            "image=myImageSubmitImage", "async=true"})
    public abstract ImageSubmit getMyImageSubmit();

    @Asset("/image.gif")
    public abstract IAsset getMyImageSubmitImage();

public void doLinkSubmit(IRequestCycle cycle) {
        ... //breakpoint in here to see if it is called
        cycle.getResponseBuilder().updateComponent("myForm");
    }

Peter Beshai

Re: Async=true stops listener from being called in ImageSubmit

Posted by Jesse Kuhnert <jk...@gmail.com>.
I was looking at this just now, but sleep is starting to take hold so it'll
have to wait until tomorrow. Looks like it will be easy enough to fix (js
only issue), but I need to of course "carefully think through" things and I
don't feel like I'm doing that this late at night.

On 10/16/06, Peter Beshai <pb...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Err, that should read doImageSubmit()  (the LinkSubmit pointed to that
> listener.. but they both do the same thing)
>

> >From: "Peter Beshai" <pb...@hotmail.com>
> >To: users@tapestry.apache.org
> >Subject: Async=true stops listener from being called in ImageSubmit
> >Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2006 14:07:13 -0400
> >
> >Has anyone else experienced this?
> >
> >As soon as I add the binding async=true to my ImageSubmit, it stops
> calling
> >the listener. If I remove the binding, it works as expected. When I try
> >changing ImageSubmit to LinkSubmit, it works with and without async=true.
> >Any ideas?
> >
> >Here is the code I am using:
> >
> >@Component(bindings = {"action=listener:doImageSubmit",
> >            "image=myImageSubmitImage", "async=true"})
> >    public abstract ImageSubmit getMyImageSubmit();
> >
> >    @Asset("/image.gif")
> >    public abstract IAsset getMyImageSubmitImage();
> >

> >public void doLinkSubmit(IRequestCycle cycle) {
> >        ... //breakpoint in here to see if it is called
> >        cycle.getResponseBuilder().updateComponent("myForm");
> >    }
> >

> >Peter Beshai

Jesse Kuhnert
Tapestry/Dojo/(and a dash of TestNG), team member/developer

RE: Async=true stops listener from being called in ImageSubmit

Posted by Peter Beshai <pb...@hotmail.com>.