Posted to users@jackrabbit.apache.org by philip andrew <ph...@gmail.com> on 2010/01/31 03:57:34 UTC

Beginner question, why is index stored on hard disk?

Hi,
I started using Jackrabbit and set it up to use the H2 database to store
everything, although, it seems to store the index on the hard disk, is it
supposed to do this?
My intention is to store everything in the database.
However in jackrabbit-repository\repository\index there's files there, a
redo.log etc.
Is it supposed to be like this? all other data seems to be stored correctly
in database, I set up with the xml files.

Thanks, Philip

Re: Beginner question, why is index stored on hard disk?

Posted by Rakesh Vidyadharan <ra...@sptci.com>.
On 30 Jan 2010, at 20:57, philip andrew wrote:

> Hi,
> I started using Jackrabbit and set it up to use the H2 database to store
> everything, although, it seems to store the index on the hard disk, is it
> supposed to do this?
> My intention is to store everything in the database.
> However in jackrabbit-repository\repository\index there's files there, a
> redo.log etc.
> Is it supposed to be like this? all other data seems to be stored correctly
> in database, I set up with the xml files.

Lucence indices are always stored on the hard disk.  The node data may be configured to be persisted in a variety of ways, but the search indices are always stored to disk.

Rakesh