Posted to dev@mesos.apache.org by "sigurd.spieckermann@gmail.com" <si...@gmail.com> on 2017/10/06 15:04:08 UTC

[Proposal] Fetcher extract path

Hi all,

I'm using the Mesos fetcher to download artifacts (e.g. ZIP archives) to the sandbox prior to running a task. I noticed that the archive content is always extracted to the sandbox root directory (when extract=true) and there is currently no way to provide a different path where the content shall be extracted. I've written a patch that adds an additional parameter called "extract_path" and believe this feature may be valuable to others, too. First, is there any interest in adding this feature to Mesos? Second, what is the next step to start the review process of my patch?

Thanks,
Sigurd

Re: [Proposal] Fetcher extract path

Posted by Yan Xu <xu...@apple.com>.
+1.

Could you file a JIRA laying out the problem and the proposal? Here a link
about submitting a patch: http://mesos.apache.org/documentation/latest/
submitting-a-patch/

Note that there's already an output_file
<https://github.com/apache/mesos/blob/b229764369f0939f697ac125e5e23c62fde5e32b/include/mesos/mesos.proto#L660>
field that decides where the artifacts will be dropped before the
extraction but it's not useful for the extract=true case.

---
@xujyan <https://twitter.com/xujyan>