Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Milamber <mi...@apache.org> on 2016/01/24 00:49:15 UTC

Re: Issue with VR after upgrade to 4.6.2

Hello,

I've have a similiar issue without solution (but not with an upgrade
from 4.5), please see

Milamber

Posted by Milamber <mi...@apache.org>.
Hello Remi,

I've tested with router.aggregation.command.each.timeout global set to
20 without success: same issue (kill in around 5-7 min after the restart
command)
and with 3600 sec : same issue (kill)

(on 4.7.1 RC fresh install)

Milamber

Posted by Remi Bergsma <RB...@schubergphilis.com>.
This means that (at least) one of the commands that are sent takes a much longer time than expected. At least it works now.

Jayapal refers to the management server logs. The reason might be in there, or else in the cloud.log on the router.

Regards, Remi

Sent from my iPhone

Posted by Daniel Mezentsev <da...@soleks.com>.

Posted by Remi Bergsma <RB...@schubergphilis.com>.
Hi Daniel,

Posted by Daniel Mezentsev <da...@soleks.com>.
  Hi Remi,

Posted by Remi Bergsma <RB...@schubergphilis.com>.
Hi Daniel,

Posted by Daniel Mezentsev <da...@soleks.com>.
  Jaqyapal,

Can you please gimme heads up what is MS ?
setting router.aggregation.command.each.timeout=60 solved issue.

Posted by Jayapal Reddy Uradi <ja...@citrix.com>.
Hi Daniel,

Posted by Daniel Mezentsev <da...@soleks.com>.
  Hi Remi,

Posted by Remi Bergsma <RB...@schubergphilis.com>.

Posted by Daniel Mezentsev <da...@soleks.com>.
  Hi Remi,

Posted by Remi Bergsma <RB...@schubergphilis.com>.
Hi Daniel,

Posted by Daniel Mezentsev <da...@soleks.com>.
  in my configuration VR is acting as DHCP/DNS server, so it's not passing
any traffic, so i can exclude public IP addresses. Definetely there is one
of the VR script is acting badly.

> If I disassociated 10 public IPs and keep 10 public IPs (but keep 20 vms
> associated with the network), the network (virtual router) restart with
> clean up successfully (around in 3 min).
> I thinks that is a timeout problem (or VR scripts performance)... but
> which timeout parameter?
>
> On 24/01/2016 09:43, Milamber wrote:
>> Please note, my installation type is Advanced network without security
>> groups (vlan isolation).
>>
>> On 24/01/2016 06:57, Remi Bergsma wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> We have seen this issue sometimes in the VRs from 4.6 and on. There
>>> have been several improvements in the code in 4.7.
>>>
>>> Also, setting router.aggregation.command.each.timeout global setting
>>> to 15 or 20 also may help (restart mgt server after change).
>>>
>>> @Milamber can you test this setting with 4.7.1RC please? I haven't
>>> seen this issue in my test and production systems.
>>>
>>> Thanks, Remi
>>>
>>> Sent from my iPhone

  Daniel Mezentsev, founder
(+1) 604 313 8592.
Soleks Data Group.
Shaping the clouds.

Re: Issue with VR after upgrade to 4.6.2

Posted by Milamber <mi...@apache.org>.

Posted by Milamber <mi...@apache.org>.

Posted by Remi Bergsma <RB...@schubergphilis.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Daniel Mezentsev <da...@soleks.com>.
  Hi,

Seems like you have completely different environment, mine is XenServer +
SAN (FC) storage + centos as VMs, but with the same simptoms. Definetely
need some input from dev guys. I did research through internet, there are
several issues with the same description, but no solution. I'd mark is as
critical, as it significantly affect environment.

>  Hello,
>
> I've have a similiar issue without solution (but not with an upgrade
> from 4.5), please see
>
> Milamber
>
> On 24/01/2016 03:32, Daniel Mezentsev wrote:
>> Hi All,
>>
>> I've got some issue after i did cloudstack upgrade 4.5 -> 4.6.2.
>> Environment has 8 VR, 6 were upgraded and restarted successfully, 2 of
>> them
>> stuck. I removed them - the same result, i can't boot them, restarted
>> network with clean-up - no luck.
>> VR actually is starting, i can ssh to it, but it's shuting down in
>> approx 5
>> minutes. I can extend it runing
>> "init 3" command, but cloudstack is not detecting router state.
>>
>> I can bing some VMs within the same subnet, so it's not VLAN/network
>> issue.
>>
>> Completely ran out of ideas.
>> Should mention network offering is Isolated network without NAT.
>>
>> Any help is more then welcome. I can provide any related log, but i need
>> some heads-up what i should look for.
>> Daniel Mezentsev, founder
>> (+1) 604 313 8592.
>> Soleks Data Group.