Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Nicola Ken Barozzi <ba...@nicolaken.com> on 2002/01/18 19:16:34 UTC

Patch queue build target + jTidy Ant task

As you have seen, I've been posting more or less regularly to this list a
patch queue summary, to make developers more aware of pending patches and to
show users we take them seriously.

Now I've added some new targets to build.xml that query bugzilla and
generate and send the patch queue notification to the list. The latest
summary one is generated this way. It also updates patches.xml in the xdocs.

IMHO it would be cool to add it to the Gump build.

Since Bugzilla's html is buggy, I also made a jTidy Ant task, and had to
reprocess the DOM to eliminate double attributes in the same tags, that
jTidy doesn't correct and Xalan (correctly) complains about.

I've also added this jTidy "patch" to HTMLGenerator.

Since I've already sent patches to bugzilla for build.xml (interactive
build) and HTMLGenerator (jTidy warnings to log), I've added them these new
features, as stated in the patch submission howto (do not send patches of
patches).

The new targets are:
- interactive: Interactive build
- prepare-patchqueue:   Gets pending patches from bugzilla and cleans html
- patchqueue-xml : Transforms bugzilla patches html into xml
- patchqueue-xdocs: Makes patches.xml for xdocs using bugzilla patches xml
- patchqueue: Sends a notification of the current patch queue to the mailing
list

--
Nicola Ken Barozzi                 xml-cocoon@nicolaken.com
These are the days of miracle and wonder...