Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by Ben Martin <mo...@users.sourceforge.net> on 2002/11/19 11:36:33 UTC

extension functions and implicit lookup

>>From reading here, http://xml.apache.org/xalan-c/extensions.html
I can see how to make new functions available to the parser when I am
calling the parser directly. I am wondering if there is a standard place
to put shared libs on unix so that the parser can pick those up using
XalanTransform etc so that I don't have to provide a custom shell to
xslt processing.

Thanks.
In this world there are only two tragedies.
One is not getting what one wants,
and the other is getting it.
                -- Oscar Wilde
http://witme.sourceforge.net/libferris.web/

Re: extension functions and implicit lookup

Posted by David N Bertoni/Cambridge/IBM <da...@us.ibm.com>.

No, there's no real facility like that, since it's a bit difficult to do on
all of the supported platforms.

It might be interesting to come up with an interface to allow for querying
available extension functions in a shared library and/or creating specific
instances of an extension function.  If you want to work on something like
that, I'm up for it.  The only caveat is we have to make sure it will work
on all supported platforms.

Dave

                      Ben Martin
                      <monkeyiq@users.sourc         To:      xalan-dev@xml.apache.org
                      eforge.net>                   cc:      (bcc: David N Bertoni/Cambridge/IBM)
                                                    Subject: extension functions and implicit lookup
                      11/19/2002 02:36 AM
                      Please respond to
                      xalan-dev