Posted to dev@creadur.apache.org by sebb <se...@gmail.com> on 2019/06/01 11:17:40 UTC

[RAT] Jenkins still using SVN

One of the Jenkins builds is still using SVN

https://builds.apache.org/job/Creadur-Rat-Site-Latest-Jdk/

The builds should either be dropped, or modified to use the
appropriate Git branch.

Perhaps worth checking all the Creadur builds:
https://builds.apache.org/view/A-D/view/Creadur/

S.

Re: [RAT] Jenkins still using SVN

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On Sat, 1 Jun 2019 at 21:00, P. Ottlinger <po...@apache.org> wrote:

> Hi Sebb,
>
> thanks for the hints ....
>
> Am 01.06.19 um 20:26 schrieb sebb:
> > Possibly create
> > https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/creadur/rat/README.txt which points
> > to the Git location.
>

> I tried to modify the existing README.md but the commit was rejected:
>
> $ svn commit
> Sende              README.md
> Übertrage Daten .svn: E195023: Übertragen schlug fehl (Details folgen):
> svn: E195023: Ändern der Datei »/home/rat-trunk/README.md« durch den
> Server zurückgewiesen
> svn: E175013: Zugriff auf
> »/repos/asf/!svn/txr/1860495-14ui4/creadur/rat/trunk/README.md« verboten
> svn: E195023: Ihre Logmeldung wurde in einer Temporärdatei abgelegt:
> svn: E195023:    »/home/rat-trunk/svn-commit.tmp«
>
> Any ideas if the repo is somehow in "archive" mode already?

Yes, it is read-only currently.

Posted by "P. Ottlinger" <po...@apache.org>.
Hi Sebb,

Posted by "P. Ottlinger" <po...@apache.org>.
Am 01.06.19 um 20:26 schrieb sebb:
> It would certainly be sensible to update the RAT website so the Source
> Repo links are accurate:
> https://creadur.apache.org/rat/source-repository.html

thanks - I already file RAT-254 to take care of that.

Phil

Re: [RAT] Jenkins still using SVN

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On Sat, 1 Jun 2019 at 19:11, P. Ottlinger <po...@apache.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> thanks for the reminder - I'll file a RAT issue for that and after
> changing all of RAT's jobs file an issue with infra to get rid of RAT's
> SVN completely.

I don't think it's a good idea to delete SVN.
It may be needed for historic analysis etc.

However it may be sensible to rename it so it cannot be used by mistake.

e.g. create
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/creadur/_moved_to_git/
and move
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/creadur/rat/
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/creadur/_moved_to_git/rat/

This will allow access to the historic SVN repo if necessary.

Posted by "P. Ottlinger" <po...@apache.org>.
Hi,

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.