Posted to user@storm.apache.org by Robert Birch <ro...@gmail.com> on 2015/03/09 17:28:51 UTC

StormSubmitter.submitTopology Config are parameters added

When submitting a Config with a topology are any parameters added to the Config unique and only accessible to that topology?

	StormSubmitter.submitTopology(name, config, topology)

I have a generic topology that has several generic bolts that are to be configured during the prepare.
During the prepare they would pull this config parameter as a key to get  detailed assets/configuration info that is stored in mongo.

I would like to add a parameter to the Config prior to submission

	topology.assets=someValue

someValue would be unique in with each topology submission, but the key, topology.assets,  would be same with each topology submission.

- Robert D. Birch

Re: StormSubmitter.submitTopology Config are parameters added

Posted by Parth Brahmbhatt <pb...@hortonworks.com>.
The config that you supply during topology submission is attached to that topology only (1 to 1 mapping). You can add custom param to your config prior to submission and your topology's bolts and spouts will get the config that you submitted as a parameter as part of their prepare method call.

Thanks
Parth