Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by john mark <jo...@gmail.com> on 2021/08/16 23:41:45 UTC

Secure connection using cert and keyfile

Hi,

I am running this command to test my zookeeper SSL connection:

openssl s_client -showcerts -connect 55.55.55.55:2280 -CAfile
/certs/ca-chain.cert.pem -cert
/root/ca/intermediate/certs/intermediate.cert.pem  -key
/root/ca/intermediate/private/intermediate.key.pem

It works just fine so that's for openssl s_client to connect to zookeeper.

How can I connect my Kafka server using -cert and -key option like the
command mentioned above?

I need to use that to avoid getting SSL errors because I cannot use
ssl.clientAuth
in my zookeeper config that is because I have a version 3.5.5 only (does
not support ssl.clientAuth).

Any ideas on how can I connect my Kafka server using -cert and -key option?

Best regards,

John Mark Causing