Posted to dev@mynewt.apache.org by Andrzej Kaczmarek <an...@codecoup.pl> on 2020/09/03 08:31:15 UTC

NimBLE controller on Dialog DA1469x MCU

 <de...@mynewt.apache.org>
Hi,

I've just pushed PRs that enable NimBLE controller on Dialog DA1469x MCU
family:
https://github.com/apache/mynewt-core/pull/2368
https://github.com/apache/mynewt-nimble/pull/859
That's right: no more binaries, you can now run a full NimBLE controller
with all supported features on Dialog MCU.

I will not explain how this works here since it's really lots of code that
we wrote together with Will, so those interested in more technical details
should just check commits and source code (there are comments included!).
And those who just want to give it a try, here's simple target to run
bleprph on DA1469x DK:

targets/da1469x_bleprph
    app=@apache-mynewt-nimble/apps/bleprph
    bsp=@apache-mynewt-core/hw/bsp/dialog_da1469x-dk-pro
    build_profile=debug
    syscfg=BLE_HCI_TRANSPORT=dialog_cmac

You only need to build and flash a single image for DA1469x - controller
side is built and packaged automatically into application image.

For now you will also need to manually set device address in syscfg (or
modify bleprph to set static random one), check
targets/dialog_cmac/syscfg.yml in nimble repo for details.

You can find more information about required setup and configuration in
README found in nimble/drivers/dialog_cmac directory.

Best,
Andrzej