Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Jill Han <ji...@alverno.edu> on 2009/12/04 17:54:46 UTC

RE: search on tomcat server

I went through all the links on http://wiki.apache.org/solr/#Search_and_Indexing
And still have no clue as how to proceed.
1. do I have to do some implementation in order to get solr to search doc. on tomcat server?
2. if I have files, such as .doc, docx, .pdf, .jsp, .html, etc under window xp, c:/tomcat/webapps/test1, /webapps/test2,
   What should I do to make solr search those directories
3. since I am using tomcat, instead of jetty, is there any demo that shows the solr searching features, and real searching result?

Thanks,
Jill

Posted by Lance Norskog <go...@gmail.com>.
Solr comes with an example solr installation in the example/
directory. Run this, look at the README.txt file, index the xml files
in example/exampledocs, and do queries like 'disk' and 'memory'. And
read example/conf/schema.xml and example/conf/solrconfig.xml.

Most of the details of what solr does and how to set it up will be clear.

--
Lance Norskog
goksron@gmail.com

RE: search on tomcat server