Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by sebb <se...@gmail.com> on 2007/05/05 13:46:07 UTC

Re: loop for an amount of time

On 26/04/07, Matthew Coventon <ma...@iseinc.biz> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I want to loop through part of my test plan for a certain amount of time.

Have you looked at the Thread Group Scheduler? The Duration might be
what you want.

> I searched the archives thinking this might have been addressed before, but
> came up with nothing.
>
> My thought is to have a While Controller, and use beanshell in the condition
> to compare the current system time to the start time of the section.  Is
> there a simpler approach?

You could use an If Controller to check the elapsed time; it could run
a Test Action Sampler:

http://jakarta.apache.org/jmeter/usermanual/component_reference.html#Test_Action

http://jakarta.apache.org/jmeter/usermanual/functions.html#predefinedprops