Posted to user@ambari.apache.org by Robin Carnow <ro...@goldbot.com> on 2013/04/01 16:56:32 UTC

Using version 0.9 and 1.2 in Production Data Centers with Firewalls

Hi,

I am using Amabari to deploy hadoop on a cluster which never has a
connection to the Internet.  From this
link<http://docs.hortonworks.com/CURRENT/index.htm#Appendix/Deploying_HDP_In_Production_Data_Centers_with_Firewalls/Deploying_HDP_In_Production_Data_Centers.htm>instructions
are provided which describe how to get this working which use
the tarball images listed below.  After reading instructions of how to
install Ambari 1.2.x, for some reason I get the impression that the
tarballs below are not the correct repo versions for Ambari 1.2.

>From this 1.2 documentation
page<http://incubator.apache.org/ambari/1.2.0/installing-hadoop-using-ambari/content/ambari-chap1-6.html>,
there are no links to a similar description of how to "*1. Set up the local
mirror repositories as needed for HDP, HDP Utils and EPEL.*".

So I'm trying get help to:

1. Confirm that the below listed tarballs are the correct version for
Ambari 1.2.x.

2. Find out how I'd be able to know what EPEL packages are necessary if I
know what my hadoop deployment will consist of?

*RHEL/CentOS 5.x*

http://public-repo-1.hortonworks.com/HDP-1.1.1.16/repos/centos5/
HDP-1.1.1.16-centos5.tar.gz

http://public-repo-1.hortonworks.com/HDP-UTILS-1.1.0.15/repos/
centos5/HDP-UTILS-1.1.0.15-centos5.tar.gz

*RHEL/CentOS 6.x*

http://public-repo-1.hortonworks.com/HDP-1.1.1.16/repos/centos6/
HDP-1.1.1.16-centos6.tar.gz

http://public-repo-1.hortonworks.com/HDP-UTILS-1.1.0.15/repos/
centos6/HDP-UTILS-1.1.0.15-centos6.tar.gz

~Robin

Re: Using version 0.9 and 1.2 in Production Data Centers with Firewalls

Posted by Robin Carnow <ro...@goldbot.com>.
That sounds like a great idea.  Thanks for the info.

~Robin

Posted by Mahadev Konar <ma...@hortonworks.com>.
Robin,

Posted by Robin Carnow <ro...@goldbot.com>.