Posted to dev@netbeans.apache.org by Tushar Joshi <tu...@apache.org> on 2017/02/21 20:03:58 UTC

Re: Please vote in poll for "IDE of the Year"

On Thu, Jan 5, 2017 at 1:14 AM, Geertjan Wielenga <
geertjan.wielenga@googlemail.com> wrote:

> In that light, please vote for NetBeans below and pass along to your
> networks where NetBeans is used a request to do the same:
>
> http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/2016-linuxquestions-org
> -members-choice-awards-123/ide-of-the-year-4175596306/

The actual results are at this link below [1].
For the impatient including some results of interest for Java IDEs.

1. *Eclipse*
2. Geany (I heard this first time)
3. *NetBeans *(In Java IDE, we are second this time)
4. Emacs
5. Atom
6. Bluefish
7. Visual Studio Code
8. Kdevelop
9. Qt Creator
10.
*IntelliJ Idea*
[1]
http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/2016-linuxquestions-org-members-choice-awards-123/ide-of-the-year-4175596306/

with regards
Tushar

Re: Please vote in poll for "IDE of the Year"

Posted by Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@googlemail.com>.
Well, if we'd had 7 more votes we would have won. :-)

Really funny survey, this one. All of them, really, but this one is really
funny.

Gj

Posted by Dmitry Avtonomov <dm...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Javier Ortiz <ja...@gmail.com>.
Really hard to see how Geany really fits as an IDE.