Posted to labs@labs.apache.org by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de> on 2017/03/07 21:07:14 UTC

Hi

Well I guess I should write a little more than just “Hi” ☺

I would love to see what’s going on with labs and try to see if I can help a little.

Definitely Labs is a project we should pay a little more attention to and I’m starting to do so now.

Chris

Re: Hi

Posted by Danny Angus <da...@apache.org>.
Well done Christofer :-) Perhaps you could do a blog post for us and
create some internal publicity?

d.

Re: Hi

Posted by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de>.
I guess most people simply don’t know about know about it … and unfortunately you also don’t stumble over it as you do with the incubator.
At least I never stumbled over a Labs project when searching for something with Google.

Some colleagues of mine and I did an ASF Roadshow last year in which we travelled to Java User Group meetings throughout Germany and explained Apache to the attendees.
As part of this we also explained the lifecycle of an Apache project.

No one I came across knew about labs (Well after our talks they did, but we need more)

Chris

Am 08.03.17, 07:43 schrieb "jan iversen" <ja...@gmail.com>:

    HI

    On 7 March 2017 at 22:07, Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de> wrote:

    > Well I guess I should write a little more than just “Hi” ☺

    I highly agree to that.

    > I would love to see what’s going on with labs and try to see if I can help
    > a little.

    I too am ready to help a bit.

Re: Hi

Posted by Raphael Bircher <rb...@gmail.com>.
Hi Jan, *

Am .03.2017, 07:43 Uhr, schrieb jan iversen <ja...@gmail.com>:

> HI
>
> On 7 March 2017 at 22:07, Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de>
> wrote:
>
>> Well I guess I should write a little more than just “Hi” ☺
>>
> I highly agree to that.
>

>> I would love to see what’s going on with labs and try to see if I can
>> help
>> a little.
>>
> I too am ready to help a bit.
>

>> Definitely Labs is a project we should pay a little more attention to
>> and
>> I’m starting to do so now.
>>
> I believe finding the right place for Labs is the big challenge. I had
> some
> Ideas when I took my turn, but did not manage to sell them. I hope
> someone
> can come up with the golden idea.
>
> I still believe the biggest downside of Labs is
> a) technical, the use of SVN compared to GitHub (but  that can be changed
> easily)
> b) not being able to do releases, this effectively makes it very
> difficult
> to build a community.
No releases is for me a no go too. Maybe we can do release over the
incubator. Or we allow them to release outside ASF. Just some Ideas.

Regards, Raphael

Re: Hi

Posted by jan iversen <ja...@gmail.com>.
HI

On 7 March 2017 at 22:07, Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de> wrote:

> Well I guess I should write a little more than just “Hi” ☺

I highly agree to that.

> I would love to see what’s going on with labs and try to see if I can help
> a little.

I too am ready to help a bit.