Posted to soap-user@ws.apache.org by "Jesus M. Salvo Jr." <je...@migasia.com> on 2003/02/21 03:08:05 UTC

Apache SOAP broken after changing a jar in WEB-INF/lib to a symbolic link

On iPlanet ( SunOne ) 6.0 WebServer SP4 / Solaris 8, I have Apache-SOAP
running fine for the past few months.
My SOAP services are deployed in a JAR file that I place in
/usr/iplanet/servers/https-myserver/webapps/soap/WEB-INF/lib

Just out of curiosity, while Apache SOAP was running but no SOAP
services were being called, I changed the JAR in WEB-INF/lib to a
symbolic link ( ln -s ) to the real JAR file. I then got the exception
below.

[21/Feb/2003:12:58:50] failure ( 1759): Internal error: servlet service
function had thrown ServletException (uri=/soap/servlet/messagerouter
): javax.servlet.ServletException: Error building response envelope:
java.io.IOException: Message is empty!, stack: javax.servlet.ServletExce
ption: Error building response envelope: java.io.IOException: Message is
empty!
        at
org.apache.soap.server.http.MessageRouterServlet.doPost(MessageRouterServlet.java:375)
        at
com.iplanet.server.http.servlet.NSServletRunner.invokeServletService(NSServletRunner.java:897)
        at
com.iplanet.server.http.servlet.WebApplication.service(WebApplication.java:1059)
        at
com.iplanet.server.http.servlet.NSServletRunner.ServiceWebApp(NSServletRunner.java:959)
, root cause:

There is no rout cause specified in the Exception.

So I removed the symbolic link and placed back the real JAR file in
WEB-INF/lib, got the Exception again.

Stopped iPlanet 6.0, removed the Jar file and copied it again, deleted
DeloyedServices.ds, restarted iPlanet 6.0, redeployed my SOAP services
... still getting the Exception again.

I can't get it back to a working state. Any ideas appreciated.

Re: Apache SOAP broken after changing a jar in WEB-INF/lib to a symbolic link

Posted by "Jesus M. Salvo Jr." <je...@migasia.com>.
Ignore ... stupid me...

--
Jesus M. Salvo Jr.