Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Jerry Jiang <je...@sjcloud.cn> on 2013/08/15 11:25:25 UTC

答复: Monitoring feature for CS

Thanks, Daan

What you are providing is monitoring the CS itself.

What I want is capturing the computing note's cpu(%), memory and vm's cpu,
and memory

Jerry

Posted by Dave Dunaway <da...@gmail.com>.
there are API calls to capture vCPU, vMem resource allocations. Utilization
(ie: percentage of CPU used) is best gathered through the hypervisors API
(ie: use the vsphere API for vmware to query vmware VMs).

Posted by Daan Hoogland <da...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Kirk Kosinski <ki...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Daan Hoogland <da...@gmail.com>.
ah,

well there is a statistics page for instances. It is not very verbose
but the cpu is there. Also the hosts have a statistics page with a
little more info.

I'm not sure if 4.2 will how more, but it should. make a ticket for
what you are missing;)

regards,
Daan

Posted by Kirk Jantzer <ki...@gmail.com>.
I personally use my existing monitoring SaaS provider
(LogicMonitor<http://www.logicmonitor.com/>)
to monitor the hypervisors. Here's a list of what's monitored out of the
box:

Disks
Host Status
Interfaces (64 bit)-