Posted to dev@ponymail.apache.org by Sean Busbey <bu...@apache.org> on 2017/05/22 15:25:19 UTC

troubleshooting steps for reply failures?

Hi folks!

I'm trying to reply in a thread on a pony mail instance, and the message I'm responding to never shows up in the reply box. Any tips on how I can figure out where things are falling over?

The thread is over here:

https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/b20b91ecd02fb5455d862a23d22202253e45102f9fe3ac070ee11dc6@%3Cgeneral.incubator.apache.org%3E

Re: troubleshooting steps for reply failures?

Posted by "John D. Ament" <jo...@apache.org>.
On Mon, May 22, 2017 at 11:50 AM Sean Busbey <bu...@apache.org> wrote:

> On 2017-05-22 10:47 (-0500), Shane Curcuru <as...@shanecurcuru.org> wrote:
> > Sean Busbey wrote on 5/22/17 11:25 AM:
> > > Hi folks!
> > >
> > > I'm trying to reply in a thread on a pony mail instance, and the
> message I'm responding to never shows up in the reply box. Any tips on how
> I can figure out where things are falling over?
> > >
> > > The thread is over here:
> > >

> https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/b20b91ecd02fb5455d862a23d22202253e45102f9fe3ac070ee11dc6@%3Cgeneral.incubator.apache.org%3E
> > >

> > You mean like this?
> >
> >   https://github.com/apache/incubator-ponymail/issues/181
> >
> > I think this needs more work with the compose stuff:
> >

> https://github.com/apache/incubator-ponymail/blob/f5f29a04215b8baa6f59e733379c184139fe00fe/site/js/dev/ponymail_composer.js#L153
> >

> https://github.com/apache/incubator-ponymail/blob/f5f29a04215b8baa6f59e733379c184139fe00fe/site/js/dev/ponymail_composer.js#L221
> >

> This is when replying within pony mail, not with my own client. I guess it
> could be a similar issue (replying here worked, for example).
>
> inspecting the DOM, it looks like the "reply via your own mail client"
> button has a bunch of stuff in the mailto. But the text box within pony
> mail remains empty.

Please note that the instance hosted at lists.apache.org is not the core
ponymail but a derivative of it from Quenda.  E.g. the code will be
different than whats in our repos.

I run into this sometimes as well, I usually hit escape and try to reply
again.  Also make sure you're logged in, I've seen weird instances where I
thought I was logged in, but actually I wasn't.

Re: troubleshooting steps for reply failures?

Posted by Sean Busbey <bu...@apache.org>.

Posted by Shane Curcuru <as...@shanecurcuru.org>.

--

- Shane