Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by shantanu chawla <sh...@gmail.com> on 2005/08/22 17:49:48 UTC

Axis1.2 : Running webservice in axis and embedding axis in a webapp.

I created a webservice. I ran it both ways ,first running it under the
axis webapp and after including axis under my own webservice as
webapp. I see slight difference in performance.

My service runs faster under axis then when I included axis under my webapp.
-- my reasoning is like this does the axis is started eachtime call
is made to my webservice running as webapp that accounts for slight
slower processing. if not then wht can be the reason.

Second, I have another application (admin kinda application) running
under tomcat that monitors a file base database.

When I made changes to the database by my web service running under
axis as I can see the changes immediately in my other application. but
when I run my webservice as webapp which included axis libraries I can
see the changes in the other application only after restarting the
tomcat.

any thoughts why is this happening.

Shantanu Chawla

--