Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Vinay Agarwal <Vi...@hotmail.com> on 2006/08/02 18:11:44 UTC

Running on JDK 1.5 for One Month

FYI - I have been running on JDK 1.5 for one month on Windows and for
several days on CentOS 4.3. I have tested extensively and have not seen any
problems.

Regards,

Vinay Agarwal

RE: Running on JDK 1.5 for One Month

Posted by Vinay Agarwal <Vi...@hotmail.com>.
No changes are required in OFBiz. Simply use JDK 1.5 instead of 1.4.

Regards,
Vinay Agarwal

Would it be possible for you to provide description changes to the
configurations / libraries to be made to ofbiz to run it under jdk 1.5

regards

Rupinder

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
From: "Oleg Kozyrev Jr." <o....@mail.ru>

> Hello all,
>
> I'm using 1.5 for a long time with OFBiz too. If I remember right the one
> thing to make this new Java options (foreach, generics, etc.) work is to
> change 'source' attribute in all 'javac' tags in all build.xml files.
> Otherwise, javac will "read" the code as it's 1.4, but if it's 1.5, it
> fails.
>
> Oleg.

Thanks for that point Oleg.

Jacques

Posted by "Oleg Kozyrev Jr." <o....@mail.ru>.
Hello all,

Posted by Rupinder Singh Mazara <rm...@masterfile.com>.

Posted by Fabian Gorsler <fa...@der-moloch.de>.
Fabian Gorsler wrote:
> The same with my OFBiz (trunk version) - running on Windows XP with Java
> 1.5. No changes to configuration files were made for running with 1.5.

I forgot to mention that there were even no problems running OFBiz and
Java 1.5 with Debian Sid (Sun's Java) and Solaris 10/Sparc (Guess which
Java...;)). Pure Java rocks. :)

Re: Running on JDK 1.5 for One Month

Posted by Fabian Gorsler <fa...@der-moloch.de>.
Hi Chris,

Chris Howe wrote:
> The protected enum warning I believe has been fixed.
> At this time there doesn't seem to be a compelling
> reason to switch to Java 5 unless you require it for
> another aplication.

This week I ran the build unattended, last week the warnings were still
there. This week I didn't check the changes, too. It just ran
out-of-the-box (like all prior versions did since we've started using
OFBiz).

You're right with the 1.5 thing. But 1.5 was installed and because of
that I used to use 1.5. We wanted to be sure that OFBiz will run with
1.5 before the official support for 1.4.2 from Sun will be stopped. Java
6 is going to reach us soon and with the release the support will end AFAIK.

Best regards,
Fabian.

Re: Running on JDK 1.5 for One Month

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.