Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Paul Hepworth <Pa...@detica.com> on 2007/11/20 19:41:50 UTC

Classloading Issues

Hi

On my project, we are using Weblogic 8.1 and XmlBeans 2.3 and associated
dependencies.

The problem we have is that there are duplicate implementations (of
different versions) of things such as QName, and so when running our
tests, depending on which one is loaded first, it either works or we get
errors.

The problem has come about since I updated our version of the surefire
plugin to 2.3 in order to fix a couple of bugs that were present in
earlier versions (we were using 2.1.2). With version 2.1.2, our tests
would pass, as the Weblogic implementations were being ignored in
preference of the XmlBeans/Stax implementations. However, with the newer
version of surefire, this appears to be the other way round and so the
tests fail with NoSuchMethodExceptions for QName constructor etc...

I've verified that this is the problem on a sample project by explicitly
excluding the weblogic dependency (it was coming through transitively
from another project), and the test runs fine. However, I won't be able
to do this for all of our projects and so need to find a solution...

Is there any way of specifying to exclude a dependency just for running
the tests? Or a way of changing the classpath so that I can get the
required version loaded??

Any ideas greatly appreciated!
Paul

This message should be regarded as confidential. If you have received this email in error please notify the sender and destroy it immediately.
Statements of intent shall only become binding when confirmed in hard copy by an authorised signatory.  The contents of this email may relate to dealings with other companies within the Detica Group plc group of companies.

Detica Limited is registered in England under No: 1337451.

Registered offices: Surrey Research Park, Guildford, Surrey, GU2 7YP, England.