Posted to user@hive.apache.org by Garry Chen <gc...@cornell.edu> on 2015/07/14 18:48:13 UTC

Need help on hive.metastore.uris for hivserver2 configuration

Hi All,
                Try to configure hiveserver2  metastore by using oracle.  I can start the metastore without problem but when try to start hiveserver2 I got "2015-07-14 12:20:05,671 ERROR [main]: hive.log (MetaStoreUtils.java:logAndThrowMetaException(1173)) - Got exception: org.apache.thrift.transport.TTransportException null" in hive.log file.    I am wandering what value should be put in here.  Should it be hostname:9083 or something else or what I am doing wrong.  Please help thank you very much.

Garry