Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Turner, John" <JT...@AAS.com> on 2002/08/16 18:27:06 UTC

RE: Apache 1.3.20 + Tomcat + (mod_jk or mod_webapp) for SuSE 7.3 Linux?

How much are you willing to pay?

My How-To for redhat is free, and it works.  I even got mail from someone
today that said it helped them get it working on NetBSD, so SuSE should be
no problem.

http://www.johnturner.com/howto/apache-tomcat-howto.html

John Turner
jturner@NOSPAM.aas.com

Posted by Chetan Sarva <ch...@2deck.com>.
Hi,

I've followed John's instructions (see link at bottom) to the letter.
Successfully built Apache, installed Tomcat and built mod_jk.so. When I try
to start Apache I get the following error:

# ./apachectl start
Syntax error on line 223 of /usr/local/apache/conf/httpd.conf:
Cannot load /usr/local/apache/libexec/mod_rewrite.so into server:
/usr/local/apache/libexec/mod_rewrite.so: undefined symbol: dbm_fetch
./apachectl start: httpd could not be started

I also tried using the binary install of Apache and instead got the
following error (I actually tried the binary install first and went back and
did a source install which gave even more problems..):
# ./apachectl start
Syntax error on line 4 of /usr/local/tomcat/conf/auto/mod_jk.conf:
Cannot load /usr/local/apache/libexec/mod_jk.so into server:
/usr/local/apache/libexec/mod_jk.so: undefined symbol: ap_ctx_get
./apachectl start: httpd could not be started

I searched around and could find no solution to this problem (though there
are a few mentions of ap_ctx_get they are mostly in reference to mod_ssl and
always ended up with the answer of "wait for the next release of mod_ssl; it
is a known bug").

Here are the details of my install:
Redhat 7.2
Apache 1.3.26 binary/source install to /usr/local/apache
Tomcat 4.0.4 binary install to /usr/local/tomcat
Tomcat Connector built from 4.0.4 source (mod_jk.so).
Sun JDK 1.4.1 installed to /usr/java/j2sdk1.4.1

Any help is appreciated

Regards,
Chetan Sarva

> My How-To for redhat is free, and it works.  I even got mail from someone
> today that said it helped them get it working on NetBSD, so SuSE should be
> no problem.
>
> http://www.johnturner.com/howto/apache-tomcat-howto.html
<snip>