Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by ee...@netscape.net on 2017/07/18 00:49:06 UTC

COUNTIF and VLOOKUP conflict with Options... Calculate [ ] and/or ... Calculate [✓]

(Please expand the above inserted picture or down load the oo2snip.JPG attachment.)

VLOOKUP works properly when I use "Tools Options... Calculate  [  ]  Enable regular expressions in formulas".

If I change .. Calculate [  ] ..  to .. Calculate  [✓] .. then my VLOOKUP function won't work properly.

COUNTIF works properly when I use... Calculate  [ ✓ ]

COUNTIF does not work properly when I use ... Calculate [   ]

I'm caught between a rock and a hard place. Please help. Calculate [   ] works for VLOOKUP but does not work for COUNTIF.

Is it possible to change the  COUNTIF criteria and/or wildcards to make it work to get a valid result while using .. Calculate [   ] ..?

I've tried different combinations of criteria and wildcards but to no avail.

Thank you,

Emery

Email:  eestmartin@aol.com
Phone#: 860-646-1936