Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by kdog <jo...@koppedomain.com> on 2010/06/01 16:29:08 UTC

Re: DOSGI JAX-RS and Gzip

Actually, it looks like in 1.2 snapshot the ability to add custom servlet
filters to your endpoints have been added
(https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DOSGI-67). I will probably go this
route for now. Thanks for your reply.

Re: DOSGI JAX-RS and Gzip

Posted by kdog <jo...@koppedomain.com>.
cool thx...

As for the filter, that is what I was trying to do. The person that made the
commits also did a blog (http://josh.media.berkeley.edu/?p=61).  If you are
talking about using the actual path mapping, I believe you have to have the
filter use the same http context as the jaxrs resource... I'm not sure what
that is, or if it is even defined by dosgi. I am actually using pax Filters
in other parts of my app for caching.

Since my deadline is a little tight, I have just decided to throw nginx in
front of it to do the gzip and caching. I had some static content I needed
to serve anyway, so it has actually worked out pretty well. I will probably
revisit this later when I have more time.

Re: DOSGI JAX-RS and Gzip

Posted by Sergey Beryozkin <sb...@gmail.com>.

Re: DOSGI JAX-RS and Gzip

Posted by kdog <jo...@koppedomain.com>.

Re: DOSGI JAX-RS and Gzip

Posted by Sergey Beryozkin <sb...@gmail.com>.
Hi

Re: DOSGI JAX-RS and Gzip

Posted by kdog <jo...@koppedomain.com>.
Yeah, the gzip filter thing doesn't seem to work... Doesn't look like
anything is in the response to gzip, so it probably wasn't intended for such
a thing.

As for the intent map, sounds promising. Docs on the intent-map are kind of
sparse, so I didn't know what that was :) Anyway, it seems maybe I can use
the existing GzipFeature... no? Just define it in my bundle's intent-map.
Seems like that is how the "logging" intent is used anyway... I'll give it a
shot tommorrow.

Thanks again...

Re: DOSGI JAX-RS and Gzip

Posted by Sergey Beryozkin <sb...@gmail.com>.