Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by Mouad <el...@gmail.com> on 2010/02/10 22:20:36 UTC

I need to install Nutch on a VPS

Hello,
I want to install Nutch on a virtual private server from Mochahost, I have
not purchased the server yet, I need to know first if its possible to
install Nutch on it. Its mentioned there  that they offer JSP/Tomcat
Support.

I want to know if someone has already installed Nutch on a VPS.

Mouad

Re: I need to install Nutch on a VPS

Posted by Fadzi Ushewokunze <fa...@butterflycluster.net>.
Moaud,

i have done this before and it worked.

the search application (.war) will work quite well.
the crawler might have problems but i think it depends on the hardware
on your vps provider. you might experience disk errors etc if you hit it
really hard.