Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Jason <ja...@sitemasterswebdesign.com> on 2003/05/26 19:05:02 UTC

[users@httpd] URL Redirects

Hi:

I am running a hosting company and I offer webmail for my users.  currently if my users want to access webmail they must type in the following URL.

http://www.sitemasterswebdesign.com/cgi-bin/sqwebmail

Obviously, this is a difficult URL to remember, I want to allow my users to use webmail.sitemasterswebdesign.com to get to the webmail.

I would also like to do the same for my tech support pages.  I want them to be able to access them at: help.sitemasterswebdesign.com

How do I setup apache to do it?  I've been searching newsgroups and reading up on apache and I just cannot find where to do this.

Jason
Systems Engineer
SiteMasters, Inc

Re: [users@httpd] URL Redirects

Posted by Jason <ja...@sitemasterswebdesign.com>.
I added these and attempted to restart apache and it failed.  Apache would
not even start after adding these lines.

I probably should tell you, I am running 1.3.27 on FreeBSD 4.5

Any more suggestions?

Jason
Posted by Jeff Cohen <su...@gej-it.com>.
SO do you still need more configuration to do?? Or is it working now?

Jeff Cohen
Support@GEJ-IT.com
Tel. (416) 917-2324
www.GEJ-IT.com