Posted to dev@roller.apache.org by paksegu <pa...@yahoo.com> on 2006/05/29 09:47:40 UTC

How to write a Plugin???

Hi Roller World,
I would like to write a plugin for an open source web photo album <https://sourceforge.net/projects/webphotoalbum/> to use with Roller. I know its been done with Jsp/Wiki and I will like to know where I can find a How-To
documentation, if one exist. Also I think someone requested a Web Photo Album for Roller as wishlist.
Thanks

Ransford Segu-Baffoe

paksegu@yahoo.com
paksegu@noqturnalmediasystems.com

http://www.noqturnalmediasystems.com/

https://serenade.dev.java.net/

Re: How to write a Plugin???

Posted by paksegu <pa...@yahoo.com>.
I took a look at your site it was a little difficult to understand due to the language settings, but if you looking into writing an offline editor you can draw from good examples such Tax derby based on Javadb at sun website that used apache derby embedded in firefox to data in automatically in offline mode also Brad Nueberg has similar example or app named "Moxie" based on Dojo. www.coding inparadise.org I will get back to u later on the web photo album, mainly what I am trying to do is integate it with Roller just as Jsp wiki integrates with Roller.

Axel <ax...@gmail.com> wrote: On 5/29/06, paksegu
 wrote:
> Hi Roller World,
> I would like to write a plugin for an open source web photo album  to use with Roller. I know its been done with Jsp/Wiki and I will like to know where I can find a How-To
> documentation, if one exist. Also I think someone requested a Web Photo Album for Roller as wishlist.

What I can say is that almost every existing roller plugin is
rendering or filtering the blog editor's text, to transform it to html
output for the blog..
I don't know web photo album, so I don't know exactly how you would
like to integrate the album into roller through the existing plugin
mechanism.
Can you explain your ideas more exactly?

I'm generally interested to integrate roller plugins into an offline
blog editor (see the screenshots in my german blog for a prototype).

--
Axel Kramer
http://www.bliki.info/roller/page/axelclk

http://www.noqturnalmediasystems.com/Serenade/
https://serenade.dev.java.net/

---------------------------------

Re: How to write a Plugin???

Posted by paksegu <pa...@yahoo.com>.
Hi Axel,
I spent more time at your blog site today and i understand what you meant, its probably not best, it also just as good when use as portlet in a portal environment.
Thanks

 wrote:
> Hi Roller World,
> I would like to write a plugin for an open source web photo album  to use with Roller. I know its been done with Jsp/Wiki and I will like to know where I can find a How-To
> documentation, if one exist. Also I think someone requested a Web Photo Album for Roller as wishlist.

What I can say is that almost every existing roller plugin is
rendering or filtering the blog editor's text, to transform it to html
output for the blog..
I don't know web photo album, so I don't know exactly how you would
like to integrate the album into roller through the existing plugin
mechanism.
Can you explain your ideas more exactly?

I'm generally interested to integrate roller plugins into an offline
blog editor (see the screenshots in my german blog for a prototype).

--
Axel Kramer
http://www.bliki.info/roller/page/axelclk

Ransford Segu-Baffoe

paksegu@yahoo.com
paksegu@noqturnalmediasystems.com

http://www.noqturnalmediasystems.com/
http://www.noqturnalmediasystems.com/Serenade/
https://serenade.dev.java.net/

How low will we go? Check out Yahoo! MessengerÂ’s low  PC-to-Phone call rates.

Re: How to write a Plugin???

Posted by Axel <ax...@gmail.com>.