Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Lou Sacco <oc...@gmail.com> on 2005/11/18 02:36:23 UTC

Authenticating against an internal remote repository

I have a question regarding set-up on your own internal remote repository.
This will be useful for us, especially since many jars are 3rd party
licensed, such as Oracle JDBC, etc. My question is this: if these jars exist
on a NAS device that I normally access (and authenticate) through a UNC
path, is it possible to set-up maven to authenticate with that resource with
my ID/pwd? Or even if it is a website, how can you give Maven the
credentials to authenticate through HTTP?

I only can get it to work, if the HTTP site is wide-open, which won't fly
with my boss.

Please respond to me directly.

Thanks,
*Lou Sacco*

Re: Authenticating against an internal remote repository

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com>.
Sorry, I missed that. The password must be in maven.repo.remote as Jesse said.

- Brett

Posted by Lou Sacco <oc...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Lou Sacco <oc...@gmail.com>.