Posted to user@aries.apache.org by Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net> on 2016/03/14 19:12:24 UTC

New subproject Aries RSA (Remote Service Admin) established

Like discussed on dev I have created a new subproject Aries RSA.
See http://aries.apache.org/modules/rsa.html

The project implements the Remote Service Admin spec in a very light
weight and extensible way.

The source code is derived from the CXF-DOSGi project that was reactored
to be completely independent of CXF. A new DistributionProvider SPI
allows to easily create new
transports. A small tcp transport is already part of the Aries RSA
project. We look forward to people interested in providing other transports.

The Aries RSA core is located in a separate git repository
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/aries-rsa.git .
All Aries committers should already have access to the code.

I have also create Jenkins jobs for the builds:
https://builds.apache.org/user/cschneider/my-views/view/My/job/Aries-rsa%20master/
https://builds.apache.org/user/cschneider/my-views/view/My/job/Aries-rsa%20master%20deploy/

The CXF-DOSGi codebase was also refactored to depend on Aries RSA now
and provide another transport with all the features of current CXF-DOSGi.

See for the example described in the rsa documentation above to try it
out. It is really simple to install and use.
I would be happy about any feedback on the project.

Christian

--
Christian Schneider
http://www.liquid-reality.de

Open Source Architect
http://www.talend.com

Re: New subproject Aries RSA (Remote Service Admin) established

Posted by Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net>.
Thanks for the correct links .. I just copied them but obviously the only
work for me :-(
Looking forward to the Hazelcast transport.

Christian

> Thanks for the update Christian.
>
> For the Jenkins links, it's better to use the generic links:
>
> https://builds.apache.org/job/Aries-rsa%20master/
> https://builds.apache.org/job/Aries-rsa%20master%20deploy/
>
> And we should avoid the space in the names.
>
> I will work on the Cellar/Hazelcast implementation based on Aries RSA.
>
> Thanks again,
> Regards
> JB
>

> On 03/14/2016 07:12 PM, Christian Schneider wrote:
>
>> Like discussed on dev I have created a new subproject Aries RSA.
>> See http://aries.apache.org/modules/rsa.html
>>
>> The project implements the Remote Service Admin spec in a very light
>> weight and extensible way.
>>
>> The source code is derived from the CXF-DOSGi project that was reactored
>> to be completely independent of CXF. A new DistributionProvider SPI
>> allows to easily create new
>> transports. A small tcp transport is already part of the Aries RSA
>> project. We look forward to people interested in providing other
>> transports.
>>
>> The Aries RSA core is located in a separate git repository
>> https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/aries-rsa.git .
>> All Aries committers should already have access to the code.
>>
>> I have also create Jenkins jobs for the builds:
>>
>> https://builds.apache.org/user/cschneider/my-views/view/My/job/Aries-rsa%20master/
>>

>> https://builds.apache.org/user/cschneider/my-views/view/My/job/Aries-rsa%20master%20deploy/
>>

>> The CXF-DOSGi codebase was also refactored to depend on Aries RSA now
>> and provide another transport with all the features of current CXF-DOSGi.
>>
>> See for the example described in the rsa documentation above to try it
>> out. It is really simple to install and use.
>> I would be happy about any feedback on the project.
>>
>> Christian
>>

> --
> Jean-Baptiste Onofré
> jbonofre@apache.org
> http://blog.nanthrax.net
> Talend - http://www.talend.com

Christian Schneider
http://www.liquid-reality.de

Open Source Architect
http://www.talend.com
<https://owa.talend.com/owa/redir.aspx?C=3aa4083e0c744ae1ba52bd062c5a7e46&URL=http%3a%2f%2fwww.talend.com>

Re: New subproject Aries RSA (Remote Service Admin) established

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org