Posted to user@couchdb.apache.org by Brenno Augusto Falavinha Martinez <br...@serpro.gov.br> on 2021/10/22 14:21:47 UTC

Pause running compactions

Hello,

I'm using couchdb as a state database on a hyperledger peer node and I'm facing an issue regarding couchdb's compaction feature.

I have a specific hyperledger flow called snapshot, which is basically a data read operation from couchdb databases.
The issue occurs when couchdb compaction ends during the snapshot operation.

I was wondering if there is a way to pause all running compactions using some API call (or some other alternative).
I've tried smoosh settings like: strict_window / to / from, but it wasn't enough as the snapshot operation lasts more than 24 hous.

thanks in advance!

Brenno Augusto Falavinha Martinez
Analista
Superintendência de Produtos e Serviços-Centro de Dados
Diretoria de Operações
+55 (41)3593-8423