Posted to soap-user@xml.apache.org by Matthias Köster <ma...@unamite.com> on 2001/05/22 18:16:03 UTC

Accessing EJB with MS SoapToolkit 2.0

I have the following problem: After downloading the vb_apache-demo from
Richard Hansen everthing worked fine. Then i tried to access a EJB with the
MS SoapToolkit via the High-Level API and i always get the error:
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: No Serializer found to serialize a
"aorg.apache.soap.rpc.Parameter" using encoding style "null".

Even with version 2.2 rc1 this error occurs.

My Bean has only one method:
String reverseIt (String s)

The type-mapping in my  DeploymentDescriptor.xml looks like:
<isd:map encodingStyle="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/encoding/"
  xmlns:x="" qname="x:s"
  xml2JavaClassName="org.apache.soap.encoding.soapenc.StringDeserializer" />

With the low-level API everything works fine, but i have to specify a
encodingStyle in the method element, otherwise the same error occurs.

Has someone else successfully used Apache SOAP to acces EJBs with MS
SoapToolkit.

Any ideas are welcome,

Matthias