Posted to user@ranger.apache.org by Odon Copon <od...@gmail.com> on 2019/03/22 10:10:40 UTC

Re: Hadoop version

Hi Bosco,
Just noticed I never updated the thread with the final results. Well, it
worked in the end with Ranger latest version and Hadoop >= 2.7.
What you said about the interfaces and the versions was the key. After
that, with newer versions, it worked fine.

At the moment, I'm testing Ranger + Hive. Do you know if versions are being
affected here as well between Hive and Ranger?

Thanks!

Re: Hadoop version

Posted by Odon Copon <od...@gmail.com>.
For me it would be really helpful, and I'm sure it would be also for others.
Happy to help.
Thanks again.

Re: Hadoop version

Posted by Don Bosco Durai <bo...@apache.org>.

From: Odon Copon <od...@gmail.com>
Date: Friday, March 22, 2019 at 11:11 AM
To: <us...@ranger.apache.org>

From: Odon Copon <od...@gmail.com>
Date: Wednesday, January 16, 2019 at 1:53 PM
To: <us...@ranger.apache.org>

Thanks, that makes sense.

Tried with Ranger 1.2.0 and Hadoop 2.7 and seems that loads the plugin, because saw some info logs regarding Ranger. Does that make sense, or will load but not work eventually due to the old Hadoop version?

Re: Hadoop version

Posted by Odon Copon <od...@gmail.com>.
Hi Bosco,

Re: Hadoop version