Posted to dev@tomee.apache.org by Jean-Sébastien Scrève <je...@atosorigin.com> on 2009/06/12 09:29:45 UTC

Web services integration

Hi all,

You'll maybe find my post a bit stupid. I had to work a bit on CXF
integration recently and now I'm wondering : isn't there a standard API to
use a web service provider ?
Changing jar files only would allow the user to switch from a service
provider to another, same as we do for web services clients.

I guess same thing could apply for JMS providers.

I don't how we could do that right now, I'm just asking...

Regards,

Jean-Sébastien Scrève.

Re: Web services integration

Posted by Mohammad Nour El-Din <no...@gmail.com>.
The first and fast answer I have in my head now is that if there is no
standard API(s) for that we have to come up with our own abstraction
layer, and who knows we can make a new JSR about it :) .

On Fri, Jun 12, 2009 at 10:29 AM, Jean-Sébastien
Scrève<je...@atosorigin.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> You'll maybe find my post a bit stupid. I had to work a bit on CXF
> integration recently and now I'm wondering : isn't there a standard API to
> use a web service provider ?
> Changing jar files only would allow the user to switch from a service
> provider to another, same as we do for web services clients.
>
> I guess same thing could apply for JMS providers.
>
> I don't how we could do that right now, I'm just asking...
>
> Regards,
>
> Jean-Sébastien Scrève.

----
Thanks