Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by James Liang <jl...@andera.com> on 2014/01/22 04:44:34 UTC

how to extract the true page name after redirect

Hi,

I am trying to extract the page name after a url redirect.  For example, suppose

get http://foo.com/login auto redirects to http://foo.com/main

I'd like to extract the page name "main" instead of "login"  Note that my jmeter login sample is set to "Follow Redirects"

I used the Regular Expression Extractor to extract the name and that worked great for for pages that don't redirectly.  However, it doesn't get run for the redirected page at all.

Also note that what I really wanted is to get the page name for used with "Save Responses to a file" component.  This way, I get a copy of the html page with the name that matches the url.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
James Liang

RE: how to extract the true page name after redirect

Posted by James Liang <jl...@andera.com>.
Nevermind, the problem is not the Regular Expression Extractor.  That actually works fine and will follow the redirect to get the page name.  The problem is with the "graph results" component.   When it create the output csv file, it doesn't follow the redirect url.

Thanks,
James Liang