Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Paul Spencer <pa...@mindspring.com> on 2004/07/08 18:17:55 UTC

What are the steps to release an artifact?

What are the steps I should use to release an artifact?  I expect this
will include the following:

o Update the changes file (xdocs/changes.xml)
o Build the announcement file ______________
o Update the version tags.  maven scm:prepare-release
o Deploy the site

Their appears to be a process used by the Maven Team, but I can not find
  it documented.  Their is a plugin specific document "Releasing
Plugins" page, but it appears additional steps are being performed.
    http://maven.apache.org/reference/developers/releasing-plugins.html

Paul Spencer

Re: What are the steps to release an artifact?

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com>.
Maybe as I'm documenting I'll move that to a user area and link the
maven specific stuff to it.

People tend to get offended when we tell them a best practice way to
do releases though :)

- Brett

Posted by Emmanuel Venisse <em...@venisse.net>.