Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Ryan Sweet <ry...@sourcelabs.com> on 2008/04/02 01:14:20 UTC

component not found when invoking notifications

Hi All,

I'm having a problem getting the notification emails wired up.  When a
service invokes the notification service, it tries to load the email
from the provided templates, and can't find it via the normal
component:// URL.

"[NotificationServices.java:204:ERROR] Problem getting the template URL:
component://party/widget/partymgr/PartyEmailNotification.xml#CreatePartyNotification
not found"

I've verified that
${OFBIZ_HOME}//party/widget/partymgr/PartyEmailNotification.xml exists
and has a screen named CreatePartyNotification.
I don't see where else to look for this guy.
Is there some reason that in the context of NotificationServices the
reference to component:// urls would not be valid?

regards,
-Ryan

Re: component not found when invoking notifications

Posted by Mridul Pathak <mr...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
Actually, the error you are getting is in prepareNotification() method of
NotificationServices class.  This method is called from sendNotification()
method of the same class which is invoked through
sendGenericNotificationMail service in services_email.xml.  Now this service
actually uses a template (ftl) to render the email body.  But the URL you
are passing renders a screen, and such a url is used in the service
sendMailFromScreen.  So this problem is not related to the component URL.This
lead me to think that you might be using wrong ProductStoreEmailSettings.

--
Thanks & Regards
Mridul Pathak

Posted by Mridul Pathak <mr...@hotwaxmedia.com>.