Posted to users@camel.apache.org by Thomas Letsch <co...@thomas-letsch.de> on 2012/02/04 14:10:26 UTC

Bindy CSV parser uses default encoding

Hi,

the bindy csv component uses the default encoding when importing a file
Class org.apache.camel.dataformat.bindy.csv.BindyCsvDataFormat Line 115:
- InputStreamReader in = new InputStreamReader(inputStream);
+ InputStreamReader in = new InputStreamReader(inputStream,
IOConverter.getCharsetName(exchange));

the marshal method needs that probably too. This was already done for the
standard CSV component:

Thomas

Re: Bindy CSV parser uses default encoding

Posted by Thomas Letsch <co...@thomas-letsch.de>.
Hi Willem,

that was fast! Thanks!

R.,

Posted by Willem Jiang <wi...@gmail.com>.
FYI, I filled a JIRA[1] and already committed the patch.

[1]https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CAMEL-4989

On 2/4/12 9:10 PM, Thomas Letsch wrote:
> Hi,
>
> the bindy csv component uses the default encoding when importing a file
> Class org.apache.camel.dataformat.bindy.csv.BindyCsvDataFormat Line 115:
> - InputStreamReader in = new InputStreamReader(inputStream);
> + InputStreamReader in = new InputStreamReader(inputStream,
> IOConverter.getCharsetName(exchange));
>
> the marshal method needs that probably too. This was already done for the
> standard CSV component:
>
> Regards,
> Thomas

Willem
----------------------------------
FuseSource
Web: http://www.fusesource.com
          http://jnn.javaeye.com (Chinese)
Twitter: willemjiang
Weibo: willemjiang

Re: Bindy CSV parser uses default encoding

Posted by Thomas Letsch <co...@thomas-letsch.de>.
Hi Claus,

thanks for the quick reply.

Ticket https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CAMEL-4983 is created.

Regards,
Thomas

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
On Sat, Feb 4, 2012 at 2:10 PM, Thomas Letsch <co...@thomas-letsch.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> the bindy csv component uses the default encoding when importing a file
> Class org.apache.camel.dataformat.bindy.csv.BindyCsvDataFormat Line 115:
> - InputStreamReader in = new InputStreamReader(inputStream);
> + InputStreamReader in = new InputStreamReader(inputStream,
> IOConverter.getCharsetName(exchange));
>
> the marshal method needs that probably too. This was already done for the
> standard CSV component:

Hi

Can you create a JIRA ticket for this?

> Regards,