Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Francois Armand <fa...@linagora.com> on 2009/03/02 18:23:56 UTC

Re: T5 : how to make input validations during the submission of a field ?

Stephane Decleire wrote:
> I have implemented a field which is a subclass of abstract field and i
> would like to make input validations during the processSubmission() event.
> Is there a way to get the form component in there to record new errors ?
> Or is there another event where this can be done ?

AbstractTextField use the Environnemental Tracker, I think you can do
the same.
=>
    @Environmental
    private ValidationTracker tracker;

protected void processSubmission(String elementName) {
   catch (ValidationException ex)
        {
            tracker.recordError(this, ex.getMessage());
        }
}

--
Francois Armand