Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Henri Biestro <he...@apache.org> on 2020/06/18 15:22:08 UTC

[doc] Release preparations

Just a nitpick for release-manager wannabes like myself about the pom.xml *releaseManagerKey*.
Since my gpg knowledge was a bit rusty, I suppose others might have to seek the info too...
Anyhow, around the 'update KEYS file if necessary', may be we could add:

If you haven't done so, execute 'gpg --import KEYS'. As a release-manager, you'll need your key id (the 64 bits version) that you may find with 'gpg --keyid-format LONG -k 0xDEADBEEF' where DEADBEEF is your short (32 bit) key id  or 'gpg --list-signatures | grep <your_name>' .

Cheers

Re: Re: [doc] Release preparations

Posted by Henri Biestro <he...@apache.org>.
Made me search a while; not a git project, seems to be done through https://cms.apache.org/commons/ .
Henrib

Re: Re: [doc] Release preparations

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.
I always start by looking here https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf

Gary (AFK)

Posted by Henri Biestro <he...@apache.org>.
You are right, thanks for the catch.
Might be more useful to mention how to import your Apache public and private key instead.
Henrib

Re: Re: [doc] Release preparations

Posted by Bernd Eckenfels <ec...@zusammenkunft.net>.
BTW I am not sure I understand why you write "import KEYS", not sure if that is a good advice for PGP novices. I would more asume they already have their own key in their default keyring. Ignore me if I misunderstood or you misspoke :)

Gruss
Bernd
--
http://bernd.eckenfels.net
________________________________

Posted by Henri Biestro <he...@apache.org>.

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Jun 18, 2020 at 11:22 AM Henri Biestro <he...@apache.org> wrote:

> Just a nitpick for release-manager wannabes like myself about the pom.xml
> *releaseManagerKey*.
> Since my gpg knowledge was a bit rusty, I suppose others might have to
> seek the info too...
> Anyhow, around the 'update KEYS file if necessary', may be we could add:
>
> If you haven't done so, execute 'gpg --import KEYS'. As a release-manager,
> you'll need your key id (the 64 bits version) that you may find with 'gpg
> --keyid-format LONG -k 0xDEADBEEF' where DEADBEEF is your short (32 bit)
> key id  or 'gpg --list-signatures | grep <your_name>' .

PRs welcome! :-)

Gary