Posted to user@ant.apache.org by rob08 <ro...@yahoo.com> on 2009/05/13 05:54:21 UTC

IvyDE: impossible to resolve dependencies

Hi all,

I'm migrating projects from ivy1 to ivy 2.  My ant task is able to resolve
dependencies using ivy 2 fine.

Using IvyDE in Eclipse 3.4, I get errors as follows:
Impossible to resolve dependencies of somevendor#somemodule;working@mypc
  unresolved dependency: somevendor#othermodule;latest.integration: not
found
...etc

I have installed the latest (as of yesterday) ivyde from the update site
(which, if I understand correctly also installs Ivy).

Any tips as to why ant can resolve and eclipse cannot?

Re: IvyDE: impossible to resolve dependencies

Posted by Nicolas Lalevée <ni...@hibnet.org>.
On mercredi 13 mai 2009 05:54:21 rob08 wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm migrating projects from ivy1 to ivy 2.  My ant task is able to resolve
> dependencies using ivy 2 fine.
>
> Using IvyDE in Eclipse 3.4, I get errors as follows:
> Impossible to resolve dependencies of somevendor#somemodule;working@mypc
>   unresolved dependency: somevendor#othermodule;latest.integration: not
> found
> ...etc
>
> I have installed the latest (as of yesterday) ivyde from the update site
> (which, if I understand correctly also installs Ivy).
>
> Any tips as to why ant can resolve and eclipse cannot?

Check that you have the same setup in both: the same ivysettings used, the
same configuration, check that your are not using ant properties in the
ivysettings (ant properties cannot be loaded with the last release of IvyDE,
it will be possible for the next one), and check that in IvyDE you are not
using the "resolve in workspace" which is quite experimental.

Then there is the IvyConsole which has some verbose log about the resolve
process in Eclipse.

Nicolas