Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by naveen <na...@gmail.com> on 2019/03/27 05:05:22 UTC

Reg Load balancing error in artemis.log

Dear,

We are using Network Load balancer to publish and consumer the messages from
using Artemis broker. we are continuously getting the error in artemis.log
as below

2019-03-27 08:54:28,714 ERROR [org.apache.activemq.artemis.core.server]
AMQ224088: Timeout (10 seconds) while handshaking has occurred.

However the above error is not creating any problem to us but every 10
seconds it is writing a error log in artemis.log and the log is filling up.

This error is coming due to network load balancer probing every 10 seconds
to verify port is available or not

Could you please guide how to overcome this error writing into logs.

Re: Reg Load balancing error in artemis.log

Posted by Tim <na...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

it's my mistake. this is on going issue with another thread

Re: Reg Load balancing error in artemis.log

Posted by Justin Bertram <jb...@apache.org>.
I'm a bit confused by your email. We've been discussing the handshake
timeout on this thread. There's been no mention of the web console so far.
Did you mean to put this reply on this thread? If so, please clarify how it
relates to the handshake timeout issue.

Justin

Posted by Justin Bertram <jb...@apache.org>.
Version 2.6.4 has the fix that I was thinking about. Can you paste the
config change you made from broker.xml?

Justin

Posted by Tim <na...@gmail.com>.
version number :- 2.6.4

Re: Reg Load balancing error in artemis.log

Posted by Justin Bertram <jb...@apache.org>.
What version of Artemis are you using? I believe there was an issue setting
this in a few versions.

Justin

Posted by Justin Bertram <jb...@apache.org>.
The handshake timeout ERROR message was a feature added to help users
identify when ill-behaved or malicious clients connect to the broker and to
clean up any resources such clients leave behind. This work was done as
part of ARTEMIS-1420. The timeout is configurable so that the ERROR
messages aren't logged, but that will also disable the clean-up which may
or may not be a problem in your use-case.  You should just be able to set
"handshake-timeout=0" on the relevant acceptor URL.

Justin