Posted to users@maven.apache.org by deepakgang <de...@gmail.com> on 2010/11/12 11:19:26 UTC

Maven rpm - Java and Shell script

Hi All,

Thanks for looking.
I am new to maven and I have a query. This is what I wish to achieve:

1. I have created a Java program (simple core java) which accesses a mysql
db
2. I have an install shell script which runs this program (with two
arguments), gets the output and do couple other functions.
3. I intend to package this into am rpm and then install the rpm on another
machine - which should run the install script, which then will run the Java
program and produce the output. The program would have a dependency on the
msql connector jar file which also should be included in the package.

Could anyone let me know the steps to follow. I have the program and the
script ready but no idea as to how to package it etc.

Re: Maven rpm - Java and Shell script

Posted by Karl Heinz Marbaise <kh...@gmx.de>.
Hi,

this is exactly what the Maven RPM Plugin is intended for...

Take a look here:
http://mojo.codehaus.org/rpm-maven-plugin/

Kind regards
Karl Heinz Marbaise
Dipl.Ing.(FH) Karl Heinz Marbaise        ICQ#: 135949029
Hauptstrasse 177                         USt.IdNr: DE191347579
52146 Würselen                           http://www.soebes.de