Posted to xindice-users@xml.apache.org by Sean <se...@openjawtech.com> on 2002/09/03 14:53:14 UTC

XUpdate example exception

Hi,

Apologies for the cross posting, but I am unsure as to which is the
more appropriate list.

I've been trying and failing to get XUpdate calls to work.
My environment is Win 2K, Java 1.3.1. When my app failed I tried
to see how the examples would run, but the ame problem occurs.

I get the following exception when I invoke;

>run org.apache.xindice.examples.XUpdate

org.apache.xindice.client.corba.db.APIException:
IDL:org/apache/xindice/client/corba/db/APIException:1.0
        at
org.apache.xindice.client.corba.db.APIExceptionHelper.read(APIExceptionHelpe
r.java:112)
        at
org.apache.xindice.client.corba.db._CollectionStub.queryCollection(_Collecti
onStub.java:833)
        at
org.apache.xindice.client.xmldb.services.XUpdateQueryServiceImpl.updateResul
t(XUpdateQueryServiceImpl.java:16
5)
        at
org.apache.xindice.client.xmldb.services.XUpdateQueryServiceImpl.update(XUpd
ateQueryServiceImpl.java:185)
        at org.apache.xindice.examples.XUpdate.main(XUpdate.java:91)
XML:DB Exception occured 1 Query Processing Error

I can use the rest of the XMLLDB API and have applied XPATH and worked with
collections,
but no matter what I have tried I always see this exception thrown. I have
looked at the
queryCollection method in _CollectionStub, and all the values look correct.
The exception is thrown
on the client side when the invoke method is called.

I have cleared the system CLASSPATH, so that the run.bat creates the
classpath from
Xindice's jar files. This would seem to be the most generic, pout of the box
approach to invoking the XUpdate example.

Has anybody got the XUpdate to work in this environment? Are there any setup
steps I should be taking to get XUpdate to work.

Any feedback is appreciated as I am stuck.

Thanks,

Sean

OpenJaw Technologies Ltd.
Guinness Enterprise Centre