Posted to taglibs-user@tomcat.apache.org by Shawn <sh...@javadevelop.com> on 2003/04/30 22:27:16 UTC

JSTL with WebSphere 4.0

Hello All,

This is my first message to the user list.  Hopefully I have addressed it correctly.

My client has recently migrated to WebSphere 4.0 and will not migrate to 5.0 for several months.  The application I am working on would benefit greatly with JSTL, though WebSphere 4.0 only supports JSP 1.1.  Without the support of JSP 1.2, I am stuck with libraries created before the JSTL standard evolved.

Has anyone attempted and succeeded using JSTL with WebSphere 4.0?  Can it be done?

Thanks in advance.

Shawn Valle
www.JavaDevelop.com
Affordable Web & Application Development

  -- "The coffee's hot, the night is young;
                 What can we do for you?"
                       JavaDevelop.com --

Re: JSTL with WebSphere 4.0

Posted by Henri Yandell <ba...@generationjava.com>.
You can't use JSTL in a JSP 1.1 environment. Although making a stunted
version/port of JSTL for 1.1 has been discussed, I'm pretty sure no one
out there has released such a thing.

Hen

Re: JSTL with WebSphere 4.0

Posted by Shawn Bayern <ba...@essentially.net>.
On Wed, 30 Apr 2003, Shawn wrote:

> Has anyone attempted and succeeded using JSTL with WebSphere 4.0?
> Can it be done?

JSTL simply can't be implemented in terms of JSP 1.1, and the Jakarta
Taglibs implementation (the "Standard Taglib") won't run in a JSP 1.1
container.

--
Shawn Bayern
"JSTL in Action"   http://www.manning.com/bayern