Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by ENP <pr...@stc.donpac.ru> on 2006/06/11 21:25:56 UTC

Durable subscriptions with Spring 2.0

Hi,

What is the right way to create durable subscriptions with Spring 2.0?

I know about http://jencks.org/Message+Driven+POJOs but now Spring 2.0 have
native message consuming support. Can I use it or need I extend it in any
way?

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.
On 6/11/06, ENP <pr...@stc.donpac.ru> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> What is the right way to create durable subscriptions with Spring 2.0?
>
> I know about http://jencks.org/Message+Driven+POJOs but now Spring 2.0 have
> native message consuming support. Can I use it or need I extend it in any
> way?

You can create durable subscriptions via JMX...
http://incubator.apache.org/activemq/jmx.html

and the MBeans
http://incubator.apache.org/activemq/maven/activemq-core/apidocs/org/apache/activemq/broker/jmx/package-summary.html

Or you can use the JMS API to create a durable subscriber
http://java.sun.com/j2ee/1.4/docs/api/javax/jms/Session.html#createDurableSubscriber(javax.jms.Topic,%20java.lang.String)

Though you'll have to check with the Spring folks how to do it in Spring 2.0

--

James
-------